As a wife, you come to learn things about your husband. Triggers? Ways that his mind works? …something like that.
Three nights ago, I decided to set off one of the triggers I know he has. Here’s a few things to know about Jon.
- He has worked at a job for a number of years to provide for us that he feels less-than-passionate about. Particularly over these last nearly 5 years with my grad school endeavors, he has really commited to this.
- Jon is a passionate person.
- Jon is bored.
- Jon will never complain and is probably even upset that I’ve put this much down somewhere.
- We are thankful for his job.
- Jon loves road trips almost more than he loves me.
Anyway, the other night, this conversation happened:
Kim: So, I have spring break in 4 weeks and we (insert money talk here)
Jon: ::gasps, grabs the laptop and runs upstairs::
So, Jon and Kim World Tour looks like it’s continuing. We’ve worn New Orleans out (that will never be true), we’re saving Seattle for when I graduate, we are well-acquainted with the East Coast.
So, where are we going?
Oh, just here. Super excited.